k Raw Lime, Kiwi & Matcha Cheesecake k
Raw cheesecake is pretty fool proof as there is no cooking required, you could also make ahead and keep it in the freezer.
This gorgeous little number is vegan, gluten free and is made with no refined sugar. The texture is beautiful and creamy with a lovely refreshing citrus tang – just look at this plate of green goodness…
I love the pretty green pastel colour of this cheesecake, it looks fresh and enticing. You can make individual cheesecakes – simply line muffin tins with long thin strips of baking paper so you can easily lift them out once set. This is guaranteed to win the heart of any cheesecake lover!
Ingredients (serves 8)
160g nuts (I used almonds, hazelnuts, pistachio, macadamia)
30g desiccated coconut
100g medjool dates, pitted
1-tablespoon coconut oil
200g cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours or longer0
1 ripe frozen banana
1-tablespoon matcha powder
3-4 tablespoons maple syrup or pure agave syrup (to taste)
Juice and zest 2 limes
1 can full-fat coconut milk (chilled over night)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 kiwi peeled and thinly sliced
1 lime thinly sliced
1. Add nuts and coconut into a food processor and process them until you get a fine crumble, remove and put into a bowl. Now blend the dates and oil until smooth, add to the chopped nuts and mix thoroughly.
2. Press the base mixture into a spring form cake tin (or make individual cheesecake in muffin tins – approx. 6). Then place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
3. Drain the cashews and to the food processor along with the rest of filling ingredients apart from the melted coconut oil. Thoroughly blend until completely smooth the add coconut oil and whiz a little more.
4. Pour the filling over the base and place it back in the freezer. It will take approx. two hours to firm up.
5. Decorate with thin slices of kiwi and lime (and edible flowers if you so desire).