k Caramelised Onion and fennel seeds sausage rolls k
Ingredients (makes 12 x 10cm sausage rolls)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
850g pork albóndigas /sausage meat
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 tablesoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
2 x 300g pack puff pastry
- First prepare the caramelised onion (this will need to have cooled completely before adding to the filling). Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the fennel seeds and a pinch of salt and cook slowly for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent them from burning on the bottom.
- In a large bowl, mix the sausage mince, cooked onions, mustard, salt, pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/gas mark 6.
- Roll the pastry on a floured work surface pastry then with a piping bag squeeze the meat mixture into a long sausage and roll the pastry over – seal with egg wash. Cut to sausage rolls into 10cm lengths
- Place the sausage rolls onto a tray lined with non-stick paper and slash the top of each roll with a sharp knife several times. Pop into oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown