k Ibiza Cooking Show Presentation k
Ibiza has long been a destination for the outcast and non-conforming, from a diaspora of creatives first fleeing Franco’s Spain in the 30s to hippies throughout the 60s chasing the magnetic vibrations of mysterious Es Vedra to the loved-up party goers of the 90s and beyond. In recent years however Ibiza has reinvented itself yet again with the emergence of a food scene to rival anywhere on the planet – suddenly eating out has become the main event of the day again.
Ibiza’s new-found preference for dirt over discotecas draws on two different sociological currents. One is the urbanite’s yearning for country life…a hangover from the hippie era, now adopted by the rave generation as it slips wistfully into middle age and decides that clean living is the new debauchery – the other is a resurgence of indigenous agriculture among the islanders themselves.
The result is a wonderful melting pot of cultures from around the world where extraordinary food and people unite. An island that combines Michelin Star dining aboard superyachts, international celebrity chef pop-up dining experiences and an entire world of wellness from the hundreds of health retreats and organic restaurants around Ibiza. Even the island’s ravers grow their own vegetables and forage as part of the love-in with Ibiza’s field to fork movement.
TESS PRINCE is an Ibiza-based international chef, food writer and stylist who is passionate about food and nurturing the soul through the provision of exquisitely presented food-art.
Her previous career in London with Baxter Storey saw her consult alongside Yotam Ottolenghi which is where her love affair with Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cooking began. Tess has condensed her 20 years of culinary experience to provide intimate, bespoke and exceptional dining for private clients including Ibiza’s visiting celebrities from the world of music, fashion and television.
Tess has a vast knowledge of food and nutrition (BA Hons) and for 4 years has been Resident Chef at Ibiza’s premier yoga retreat Soul Adventures, cooking Macrobiotic, raw vegan and Ayurvedic food.
Eating Ibiza – Beyond The Dancefloor
Join Tess Prince as she embarks on a gastronomic exploration around one of the world’s most iconic islands where she creates food heaven with Ibiza’s most colourful characters.
- Each episode will finish with a recommendation from one of the show’s guests to the next link in the Ibiza food treasure trail. For example, David Guetta could recommend Nico Rosberg’s ice cream parlour or a female farmer could recommend the eco catamaran. And so on. This will encompass great food, lovely homes, the Ibiza outdoors, interesting characters and the producers of Ibiza. The Ibiza food chain, passing the love on…
- Raw Vegan Pirate Picnic out at sea on the solar powered catamaran La Belle Verde
- Rustic beach picnic with Ibiza’s iconic bohemian fashion brand family World Family
- Perfect Paella with Ibiza’s premier paella chef, on the roof of a rustic fishing hut overlooking the mysterious and magnetic island of Es Vedra
- A daytime Superstar DJ Cook-Off on the dancefloor of one of Ibiza’s world-famous nightclubs
- High Vibrational food to accompany Sound Healing and Gong Bath on the Ibiza Crystal Mountain
- Step back in time with a pintxos restaurant tour around the medieval UNESCO World Heritage Site ‘Dalt Vila’
- Cooking local salt baked fish at the historic Salinas Salt Flats
- Mad Tapas Poolside Tea Party at the iconic rock & roll hotel Pikes with owner Dawn Hindle, musicians and some of the island’s most colourful characters
- Cacao Ceremony with one of Ibiza’s legendary cave dwellers
- Celebrating the rise of the young female farmers saving the ancient grains of Ibiza as the island’s farm to table scene flourishes
- Sustainability and Eco-Living at the Casita Verde green community in the heart of Ibiza’s countryside
- Cooking lunch for the world’s No.1 DJ David Guetta at his multi-million Ibiza home Titanium
- Foraging the herbs and creating the famous ancient Ibiza liquor Hierbas at the 16th century monastery restaurant, Sa Capella
- Behind the scenes fine dining with Michelin chefs Albert Ferran and Paco Roncero at their Heart and Sublimotion restaurants
- Feeding the legendary Cala Benirrás Drummers at their Day Of The Drums sunset ritual
- Balearic Brews – from gut health at the Kombucha brewery, organic vineyard Can Rich, local gin distillery Law Gin and the hottest drink in the world right now, Goldtooth Vermut– created by James Bond creator Ian Fleming’s grandson, Freddie Fleming
- Keeping cool with F1 World Champion Nico Rosberg at his Ibiza Town ice cream parlour and Acai smoothie bowl making with a leading island nutritionist
- Ibiza Rare Breeds – the story behind the Ibiza Black Pig and Chicken, saved from extinction
- Preparing lunch aboard one of Smart Chart’s multi million-euro superyachts for one of the island’s most famous faces
- The ultimate basket picnic in a hot air balloon as the sun sets over magical Ibiza
The above are just a few of my ideas for the show. This really is just the tip of the Ibiza iceberg!
Here is a short video from my outside kitchen…
With love from Tess…x